And in despair I bowed my head;
"There is no peace on earth," I said:
"For hate is strong,
And mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!"
- "Christmas Bells," Longfellow
Thing about Christmastime, of December and the coming of winter. It's a season of falling into the Gray Mood. They call it the Winter Blues but it's really all Gray: the sky is gray, the ground is dead, the people are dour and burdened while the pressure builds to be festive and light-ful.
This year feels grayer than before.
Part of it is due to witnessing yet another disastrous midterm election. Getting stuck in a state full of partisan morans voting that damn MEDICARE FRAUD back into the governor's office. Banging my head against the desktop as voter turnout dropped to its lowest level since World War II.
Part of it is watching any semblance of justice in my own nation - land of the free and home of the brave - get flushed down a toilet as violent cops get let off for shooting unarmed teens and using illegal choke holds on guys whose only crime was not submitting to another round of public humiliation.
Part of it is realizing that the current political and economic landscape is about to get darker and nastier. There's been buzz about a shutdown over Obama's attempts to reform immigration policy via his executive order powers. There's concerns of a shutdown if there's a fight over a budget proposal that's top-heavy with corporate tax cuts and public sector spending cuts.
There's the growing realization that no matter the injustice of it, the insanity of it, the criminality of it... the Republicans will not rule even if they have the political power, they will ruin all. They will twist the laws of the states they control to make it harder to vote, harder to complain, harder to stop them commit acts of graft and corruption. Why listen to the critics or even the experts when there's no accountability for the sins they commit?
It's gray outside right now. It's going to get darker, and I worry we won't see the sunshine any time soon.
Home » sadness » A Winter Grayer Than Before
Monday, December 8, 2014
A Winter Grayer Than Before
mintu | 5:57 PM | 2014 | apostasy | Democrats are cowards | Florida | freaking flying monkeys | headdesk | justice | Republicans are insane | sadness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search
Popular Posts
-
And all I got was... was... oh no. I forgot to pick up the complimentary "I Survived Orlando MegaCon 2014" t-shirt! :( On the ...
-
For some reason, the YouTube I found for this time doesn't have an embed option. Ah well, here's Country Joe McDonald ! What the he...
-
This is, as noted before , the 100-year anniversary of the first year of World War I. History is made of competing forces. Between the Grea...
-
This is a busy month of events, I tell you what: Note to self: if I ever win the Presidency, NEVER EVER PUT MY BRO BRUTUS ON THE SECRET SERV...
-
Ah, to revel in the geekdom of comic books, science fiction and fantasy, costume roleplay, gaming, and walking. Lots and lots of walking. S...
-
It looks a lot like this : Yet Terry Jones, the pastor who organized a mock trial that ended with the burning of a Koran and led to violen...
-
So, as I've laid it out this year considering James David Barber's Presidential Character , how did it all play out? Active-Neg...
-
What does it tell you when the opposition party plans not one but THREE separate presentations against the President's annual State of t...
-
Or, as Andrew Sullivan is fond of paraphrasing it: Meep Meep . It's difficult, but not impossible, to speak on a sitting President's...
-
Lo and behold, post about veep selections and ye shall receive. Mitt Romney goes and selects Congressman Paul Ryan (R-Wisconsin) to be his...
No comments:
Post a Comment