David Weigel at Slate broke it down pretty succinctly, but I can bring it down to one sentence.
"We as a nation are not going to reclaim our moral standing in the world until we stop listening to the fearmongers and we start focusing on pragmatic resolutions such as upholding our international treaties, closing down overseas detention cells used to hide our transgressions, respecting the rule of law to free the innocent and convict those found guilty in open courts, improving our intel to locate and isolate those who promote terrorism across the globe, and getting Congress to do the job IT has to do by passing the legislation our nation needs to get this all done."
Okay, it's a bit wordy but I promised to get it down into one sentence.
Home » obama » Shorter Translation of Obama's Speech on Counter-Intel, Gitmo and GWOT
Thursday, May 23, 2013
Shorter Translation of Obama's Speech on Counter-Intel, Gitmo and GWOT
mintu | 7:55 PM | 2013 | close gitmo | end torture | justice | obama
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search
Popular Posts
-
And all I got was... was... oh no. I forgot to pick up the complimentary "I Survived Orlando MegaCon 2014" t-shirt! :( On the ...
-
For some reason, the YouTube I found for this time doesn't have an embed option. Ah well, here's Country Joe McDonald ! What the he...
-
This is, as noted before , the 100-year anniversary of the first year of World War I. History is made of competing forces. Between the Grea...
-
This is a busy month of events, I tell you what: Note to self: if I ever win the Presidency, NEVER EVER PUT MY BRO BRUTUS ON THE SECRET SERV...
-
Ah, to revel in the geekdom of comic books, science fiction and fantasy, costume roleplay, gaming, and walking. Lots and lots of walking. S...
-
It looks a lot like this : Yet Terry Jones, the pastor who organized a mock trial that ended with the burning of a Koran and led to violen...
-
So, as I've laid it out this year considering James David Barber's Presidential Character , how did it all play out? Active-Neg...
-
What does it tell you when the opposition party plans not one but THREE separate presentations against the President's annual State of t...
-
Or, as Andrew Sullivan is fond of paraphrasing it: Meep Meep . It's difficult, but not impossible, to speak on a sitting President's...
-
Lo and behold, post about veep selections and ye shall receive. Mitt Romney goes and selects Congressman Paul Ryan (R-Wisconsin) to be his...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2013
(185)
-
▼
May
(14)
- Updating the Trends on Iran
- Three Things to Note About Rick Scott As We Gear U...
- I Think By Changing My URL I Just Killed My Traffic
- Presidential Character: Week Eighteen, Good Men Do...
- Changing the Blog's Address to Match The Name
- Shorter Translation of Obama's Speech on Counter-I...
- If a Scandal Fell In The Forest And No One Heard I...
- Presidential Character: Week Seventeen, A Vice Pre...
- The Real Scandal In DC: No One Cares
- Putting Scandals In Perspective
- Presidential Character: Week Sixteen, Lincoln
- A Serious Reason to Celebrate Cinco De Mayo
- Three Things: Geekery, More Geekery, and Caturday
- Was The Civil War Unavoidable?
-
▼
May
(14)
No comments:
Post a Comment