I was going to just focus on the fact that today is the 150th anniversary of the First Day of the Battle of Gettysburg.
But there's a ton of stuff happening in the world, which I gotta mention:
In Texas, the people are up and protesting against the Far Right Republican push to restrict access to abortion - and basically making it impossible for women to have decent health care in the process - using another special session of their legislature to circumvent a good number of procedural rules normally part of the regular sessions.
In North Carolina, the people are up and protesting against the Far Right Republican push to, well, destroy everything that's not a corporate tax cut. Not just the pro-fetus agenda, but that the state GOP has killed off unemployment benefits (RAAAAAAGGEEEE!) in order to push their austerity agenda. And this is in face of the facts that this has been one of the worst employment markets ever, and the fact that the unemployment benefits help the unemployed look for a job... any job...
In Egypt, they don't have Far Right Republicans to protest against... they do have the Muslim Brotherhood and their self-serving President Morsi, who have basically mismanaged the nation in its first year of supposed democracy into bringing out protests LARGER than the ones that pushed out Mubarak.
In fact, it's been a really busy week in protests.
More on Gettysburg for Day Two. That is the one with Little Round Top. (fanboy squeal)
Home » texas » July 1st, So Many Things To Say
Monday, July 1, 2013
July 1st, So Many Things To Say
mintu | 3:11 PM | civil war | egypt | gettysburg | history | middle east | protests | Republicans are insane | texas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search
Popular Posts
-
And all I got was... was... oh no. I forgot to pick up the complimentary "I Survived Orlando MegaCon 2014" t-shirt! :( On the ...
-
For some reason, the YouTube I found for this time doesn't have an embed option. Ah well, here's Country Joe McDonald ! What the he...
-
This is, as noted before , the 100-year anniversary of the first year of World War I. History is made of competing forces. Between the Grea...
-
This is a busy month of events, I tell you what: Note to self: if I ever win the Presidency, NEVER EVER PUT MY BRO BRUTUS ON THE SECRET SERV...
-
Ah, to revel in the geekdom of comic books, science fiction and fantasy, costume roleplay, gaming, and walking. Lots and lots of walking. S...
-
It looks a lot like this : Yet Terry Jones, the pastor who organized a mock trial that ended with the burning of a Koran and led to violen...
-
So, as I've laid it out this year considering James David Barber's Presidential Character , how did it all play out? Active-Neg...
-
What does it tell you when the opposition party plans not one but THREE separate presentations against the President's annual State of t...
-
Or, as Andrew Sullivan is fond of paraphrasing it: Meep Meep . It's difficult, but not impossible, to speak on a sitting President's...
-
Lo and behold, post about veep selections and ye shall receive. Mitt Romney goes and selects Congressman Paul Ryan (R-Wisconsin) to be his...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2013
(185)
-
▼
July
(18)
- Presidential Character: Week Twenty-Five, The Forg...
- Slightly Off-Topic: Getting Published in Anthology
- Presidential Character: Week Twenty-Four, And We'r...
- Death By A Thousand Cuts, Well Not a Death But a S...
- What Happened To Trayvon Was Not a Flaw, It Was a ...
- This Is What Fear And a Gun Creates: Trayvon Marti...
- Great: the House GOP Is Now Sadistic As Well As St...
- Public Puts the Blame On Where The Problem Is: Con...
- When You Meet A Better Wit Than Thou
- Part Two of Today's Post: Why I Think the GOP Is G...
- Part One Of Today's Post: Congress, Well Actually ...
- Anniversaries: On This Day In Zeta Reticula History
- Presidential Character: Week Twenty-Three, I Got N...
- Nobody's Winning Egypt
- Life Liberty and the Purrsuit of String Toys
- Anniversaries: Gettysburg Day Three
- Anniversaries: Gettysburg Day Two
- July 1st, So Many Things To Say
-
▼
July
(18)
No comments:
Post a Comment