There's serious concern about Syria's troops under Assad using chemical weapons, reports are now up to thousands of civilians dead. Considering the use of chemical weapons is a dire matter, if the reports pan out the United States and NATO (with neighboring Turkey coping with the stress of it all) will be under even greater pressure to take direct action.
Egypt is undergoing another round of violence between the military and the Muslim Brotherhood.
The Middle East remains a total mess.
It'd be nice to see an end to the violence and bloodshed, an end to the hate between nations and tribes.
But outside of just putting up massive barricades everywhere and cutting off the supply of weapons to the region, how the hell can you fix it? Besides, people will figure out how to get around those barricades. And worse, people will figure out how to smuggle in weapons, especially when the biggest gun dealers on the planet happen to be the permanent members - USA, Russia, China, France and UK - of the UN Security Council, and there's money to be made in war. The dollars, always the dollars...
Home » violence » Egypt and Syria and the Mess of the Middle East
Wednesday, August 21, 2013
Egypt and Syria and the Mess of the Middle East
mintu | 6:15 PM | egypt | middle east | syria | violence
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search
Popular Posts
-
And all I got was... was... oh no. I forgot to pick up the complimentary "I Survived Orlando MegaCon 2014" t-shirt! :( On the ...
-
This is, as noted before , the 100-year anniversary of the first year of World War I. History is made of competing forces. Between the Grea...
-
For some reason, the YouTube I found for this time doesn't have an embed option. Ah well, here's Country Joe McDonald ! What the he...
-
It looks a lot like this : Yet Terry Jones, the pastor who organized a mock trial that ended with the burning of a Koran and led to violen...
-
Ah, to revel in the geekdom of comic books, science fiction and fantasy, costume roleplay, gaming, and walking. Lots and lots of walking. S...
-
What does it tell you when the opposition party plans not one but THREE separate presentations against the President's annual State of t...
-
Or, as Andrew Sullivan is fond of paraphrasing it: Meep Meep . It's difficult, but not impossible, to speak on a sitting President's...
-
Lo and behold, post about veep selections and ye shall receive. Mitt Romney goes and selects Congressman Paul Ryan (R-Wisconsin) to be his...
-
This is a busy month of events, I tell you what: Note to self: if I ever win the Presidency, NEVER EVER PUT MY BRO BRUTUS ON THE SECRET SERV...
-
(see Update below) So forty-seven U.S. Senators went and did a thing this weekend, where they sent a rather demeaning and error-filled lette...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2013
(185)
-
▼
August
(23)
- Presidential Character: Week Thirty, The Passive T...
- The Secret About White Voters
- I'm With Mistermix and Balloon Juice On This One: ...
- Personal Notes: Things To Do For Labor Day Weekend
- Anniversary: I Have a Dream And What It Means Today
- Presidential Character: Week Twenty-Nine, Keep You...
- When Politics Fails There's Always Impeachment
- Off-Topic: Tampa Gets The Comic Con They Deserve
- To All Newcomers To This Blog
- We Need More Than Encouragement, We Need Assistanc...
- Um, Hi
- Egypt and Syria and the Mess of the Middle East
- Presidential Character: Week Twenty-Eight, Few Peo...
- Anniversary: I Thought It Was Beautiful
- Losing Egypt
- Anniversary: By Decree of Norton I Emperor of the ...
- Posted With Comment: Rick "F-ck The State" Scott I...
- Presidential Character: Week Twenty-Seven, I Was G...
- Presidential Character: Week Twenty-Six, The Presi...
- In Local News: City Probably Throwing Millions at ...
- Breaking: 12th Doctor Revealed
- Worst Congress Ever Goes On Recess... Which Means ...
- We Were Taught In School Never To Cheat On Our Grades
-
▼
August
(23)
No comments:
Post a Comment