While I didn't completely get what I wanted from Obama's address - although he DID push for an economic and tax agenda I can support - I did get to bear witness to one of the epic smackdowns in American History:
During his scripted speech, Obama claimed his position as "I have no more campaigns to run."
This prompted a round of applause from the Republican Congresscritters seemingly celebrating that Obama's unable to run for re-election.
Obama then ad-libbed "I know... because I won both of them."
Boom.
Burn.
Dunk.
Mic Drop.
Linkage to some Twitter reactions - usually the go-to source for the immediate OMG pulse of the moment - here and here and a few others if you look for them.
It was sweet.
If I ever have kids, I will tell them of this moment.
Home » Worst Congress Ever » Follow-Up to Obama's 2015 State of the Union
Wednesday, January 21, 2015
Follow-Up to Obama's 2015 State of the Union
mintu | 6:13 PM | badass | crowning moment of funny | mic drop | obama | state of the union | Worst Congress Ever
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search
Popular Posts
-
And all I got was... was... oh no. I forgot to pick up the complimentary "I Survived Orlando MegaCon 2014" t-shirt! :( On the ...
-
This is, as noted before , the 100-year anniversary of the first year of World War I. History is made of competing forces. Between the Grea...
-
It looks a lot like this : Yet Terry Jones, the pastor who organized a mock trial that ended with the burning of a Koran and led to violen...
-
For some reason, the YouTube I found for this time doesn't have an embed option. Ah well, here's Country Joe McDonald ! What the he...
-
Ah, to revel in the geekdom of comic books, science fiction and fantasy, costume roleplay, gaming, and walking. Lots and lots of walking. S...
-
I mentioned earlier there is a special election (even with the regular election still nine months away) being held to fill the vacancy for ...
-
What does it tell you when the opposition party plans not one but THREE separate presentations against the President's annual State of t...
-
Or, as Andrew Sullivan is fond of paraphrasing it: Meep Meep . It's difficult, but not impossible, to speak on a sitting President's...
-
Lo and behold, post about veep selections and ye shall receive. Mitt Romney goes and selects Congressman Paul Ryan (R-Wisconsin) to be his...
-
(see Update below) So forty-seven U.S. Senators went and did a thing this weekend, where they sent a rather demeaning and error-filled lette...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2015
(27)
-
▼
January
(11)
- Personal Note: Getting My Writings Published
- Only Two Things Come From Iowa: Corn and Political...
- Follow-Up to Obama's 2015 State of the Union
- Here's Your Duly Elected Governor, Florida Voters,...
- What I'd Like To Hear From Obama's State Of the Un...
- Take This Plane to Cuba
- Predicting Character: The Sins of Jeb Bush
- The Future 2016 Campaigning: What Matters More, th...
- Thinking Of Paris, Thinking of the True Words I Re...
- Predicting Presidents for 2016: Ere It Begins
- It's Not 2016 Yet, Still Getting Primaried To Death
-
▼
January
(11)
No comments:
Post a Comment