Tis the season to remember your Latin! ...which means that I should write that as Satvrnalia: no U in the alphabet, and I am already substituting the I for J for the Jo part of Io Satvrnalia. (label/tag will remain with the U because, well, modern Intertube traditions and all that).
This video is but a tourist-y Disney-fied version of Satvrnalia of course (the Romans were a bit more into the, ah, festive parts of festivities), but it's as best a representation of the holidays I can find.
So find a fellow Pagan and together tell Bill O'Reilly to STOP his War on Satvrnalia! Io! Io Satvrnalia!
Home » war on saturnalia » Io Saturnalia!
Tuesday, December 25, 2012
Io Saturnalia!
mintu | 6:44 AM | Fox Not News can suck it | happy holidays | io saturnalia | saturnalia | war on saturnalia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search
Popular Posts
-
And all I got was... was... oh no. I forgot to pick up the complimentary "I Survived Orlando MegaCon 2014" t-shirt! :( On the ...
-
This is, as noted before , the 100-year anniversary of the first year of World War I. History is made of competing forces. Between the Grea...
-
For some reason, the YouTube I found for this time doesn't have an embed option. Ah well, here's Country Joe McDonald ! What the he...
-
It looks a lot like this : Yet Terry Jones, the pastor who organized a mock trial that ended with the burning of a Koran and led to violen...
-
Ah, to revel in the geekdom of comic books, science fiction and fantasy, costume roleplay, gaming, and walking. Lots and lots of walking. S...
-
What does it tell you when the opposition party plans not one but THREE separate presentations against the President's annual State of t...
-
Or, as Andrew Sullivan is fond of paraphrasing it: Meep Meep . It's difficult, but not impossible, to speak on a sitting President's...
-
Lo and behold, post about veep selections and ye shall receive. Mitt Romney goes and selects Congressman Paul Ryan (R-Wisconsin) to be his...
-
This is a busy month of events, I tell you what: Note to self: if I ever win the Presidency, NEVER EVER PUT MY BRO BRUTUS ON THE SECRET SERV...
-
(see Update below) So forty-seven U.S. Senators went and did a thing this weekend, where they sent a rather demeaning and error-filled lette...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(55)
-
▼
December
(12)
- The Year In Review of Funny Pictures
- What Romney Didn't Want: A View Into Presidential ...
- Io Saturnalia!
- How Went the Year 2012?
- Apocalypse Why
- Wrong Kind of Anniversary... Again
- Top Ten Reasons Why The Mayans Are Not Dooming Us ...
- What the Second Amendment Has Become: A Death Note...
- The Saturnalia Wish List of 2012 That Even Mayans ...
- Changing the Senate AND Changing the Veep
- We Need More Wallpapers for Saturnalia
- Killing The Gerrymander
-
▼
December
(12)
No comments:
Post a Comment