I mean, seriously. Who goes and gets himself elected Pope and then names himself Francis?
Because now every time this guy's gotta visit the United States, he's gonna get this:
And it's not like this guy had any tradition to follow. There's no previous Popes by this name: there's been a ton of Gregorys, an army of Johns, enough Benedicts to feed a breakfast buffet, a surprising number of Clements, not enough Innocents, seriously not enough Eugenes (CAREFUL WITH THAT AXE)... no, this guy's gotta go with a new name ready for mockery. He could have gone with Urban, that's hip right now, or Lucius... no, he's gotta go with a name that's gonna be on Zazzle and CafePress t-shirts with "Lighten Up" right above the "Francis".
On the other hand, it's bound to give the actor playing Francis a boost in popularity on the IMDB website.
On a serious note, I'm not sure the Catholic Church did themselves any favors promoting a Cardinal opposed to same-sex couples adopting, considering that promoting adoptions overall promotes a pro-life message.
But what do I know. I'm Unitarian: I didn't have a vote in the matter.
Home » popes » Also, I Think The New Pope Never Watched Bill Murray Movies
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Also, I Think The New Pope Never Watched Bill Murray Movies
mintu | 5:51 PM | bill murray movies | Catholic church | humor | lighten up francis | popes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search
Popular Posts
-
And all I got was... was... oh no. I forgot to pick up the complimentary "I Survived Orlando MegaCon 2014" t-shirt! :( On the ...
-
For some reason, the YouTube I found for this time doesn't have an embed option. Ah well, here's Country Joe McDonald ! What the he...
-
This is, as noted before , the 100-year anniversary of the first year of World War I. History is made of competing forces. Between the Grea...
-
This is a busy month of events, I tell you what: Note to self: if I ever win the Presidency, NEVER EVER PUT MY BRO BRUTUS ON THE SECRET SERV...
-
Ah, to revel in the geekdom of comic books, science fiction and fantasy, costume roleplay, gaming, and walking. Lots and lots of walking. S...
-
It looks a lot like this : Yet Terry Jones, the pastor who organized a mock trial that ended with the burning of a Koran and led to violen...
-
So, as I've laid it out this year considering James David Barber's Presidential Character , how did it all play out? Active-Neg...
-
What does it tell you when the opposition party plans not one but THREE separate presentations against the President's annual State of t...
-
Or, as Andrew Sullivan is fond of paraphrasing it: Meep Meep . It's difficult, but not impossible, to speak on a sitting President's...
-
Lo and behold, post about veep selections and ye shall receive. Mitt Romney goes and selects Congressman Paul Ryan (R-Wisconsin) to be his...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2013
(185)
-
▼
March
(13)
- Presidential Character: Week Twelve, For Want Of A...
- I'm Just Using Up Blog Posts To Reach 400
- Presidential Character: Week Eleven, The Good And ...
- A Slight Follow-up To Name Changing
- Name Changing
- Off-Topic: Things I Learned At MegaCon 2013
- Presidential Character: Week Ten, Hating Tyler Too
- Also, I Think The New Pope Never Watched Bill Murr...
- Schadenfreude Update: It's Been Awhile Since I Gri...
- There Are Three Reasons This Should Be Illegal
- Income Inequality
- Presidential Character: Week Nine, He Won In One R...
- The Simplest Reason Why Republicans Get the Blame ...
-
▼
March
(13)
No comments:
Post a Comment