So why would Republicans get blamed by a majority of Americans if the Sequester comes to fruition?
My theory is that it's because the Sequester is exactly what the Republican wingnuts have been screaming about every time there's a Democrat in the White House. Because it's large-scale spending cuts. And the Republicans are on record for wanting large-scale spending cuts ("shrinking government down to where we can drown it in Grover's bathtub", remember?).
It may also have a bit to do with a majority of Americans thinking the deficits can be fixed with a combination of spending cuts AND tax increases on the uber-rich, something that Obama is pitching as his alternative to the Sequester whereas the Republicans insist on cuts ONLY.
So that's my thought on the Sequestration Crisis of 2013. After this gets resolved, we should be ready for the Bad Budget Crisis of May 2013... then the Let's Force Obama To Veto a Crazy-Ass Bill and Impeach Him For It Crisis of July 2013... and then...
Home » sequester » The Simplest Reason Why Republicans Get the Blame For the Sequester
Tuesday, March 5, 2013
The Simplest Reason Why Republicans Get the Blame For the Sequester
mintu | 3:20 PM | budget crisis | goddamn wingnuts | Republicans are insane | sequester
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search
Popular Posts
-
And all I got was... was... oh no. I forgot to pick up the complimentary "I Survived Orlando MegaCon 2014" t-shirt! :( On the ...
-
This is, as noted before , the 100-year anniversary of the first year of World War I. History is made of competing forces. Between the Grea...
-
It looks a lot like this : Yet Terry Jones, the pastor who organized a mock trial that ended with the burning of a Koran and led to violen...
-
For some reason, the YouTube I found for this time doesn't have an embed option. Ah well, here's Country Joe McDonald ! What the he...
-
Ah, to revel in the geekdom of comic books, science fiction and fantasy, costume roleplay, gaming, and walking. Lots and lots of walking. S...
-
I mentioned earlier there is a special election (even with the regular election still nine months away) being held to fill the vacancy for ...
-
What does it tell you when the opposition party plans not one but THREE separate presentations against the President's annual State of t...
-
Or, as Andrew Sullivan is fond of paraphrasing it: Meep Meep . It's difficult, but not impossible, to speak on a sitting President's...
-
Lo and behold, post about veep selections and ye shall receive. Mitt Romney goes and selects Congressman Paul Ryan (R-Wisconsin) to be his...
-
(see Update below) So forty-seven U.S. Senators went and did a thing this weekend, where they sent a rather demeaning and error-filled lette...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2013
(185)
-
▼
March
(13)
- Presidential Character: Week Twelve, For Want Of A...
- I'm Just Using Up Blog Posts To Reach 400
- Presidential Character: Week Eleven, The Good And ...
- A Slight Follow-up To Name Changing
- Name Changing
- Off-Topic: Things I Learned At MegaCon 2013
- Presidential Character: Week Ten, Hating Tyler Too
- Also, I Think The New Pope Never Watched Bill Murr...
- Schadenfreude Update: It's Been Awhile Since I Gri...
- There Are Three Reasons This Should Be Illegal
- Income Inequality
- Presidential Character: Week Nine, He Won In One R...
- The Simplest Reason Why Republicans Get the Blame ...
-
▼
March
(13)
No comments:
Post a Comment