Apologies for not getting to this earlier in the day, but it's 9:16 PM EDT right now so I got 2 hours to get it in before deadline... It's D-DAY.
The guy waving the shillelagh is playing Captain Maud, who was on set as an adviser. He lent the actor the very stick he's waving. HISTORY, PEOPLE.
Dear YouTube: we need more clips of the American landings plzthxkaibye.
Home » world war II » June 6th, Anniversary of the Longest Day
Thursday, June 6, 2013
June 6th, Anniversary of the Longest Day
mintu | 6:33 PM | anniversaries | d-day | history | war | world war II
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search
Popular Posts
-
And all I got was... was... oh no. I forgot to pick up the complimentary "I Survived Orlando MegaCon 2014" t-shirt! :( On the ...
-
This is, as noted before , the 100-year anniversary of the first year of World War I. History is made of competing forces. Between the Grea...
-
For some reason, the YouTube I found for this time doesn't have an embed option. Ah well, here's Country Joe McDonald ! What the he...
-
It looks a lot like this : Yet Terry Jones, the pastor who organized a mock trial that ended with the burning of a Koran and led to violen...
-
Ah, to revel in the geekdom of comic books, science fiction and fantasy, costume roleplay, gaming, and walking. Lots and lots of walking. S...
-
What does it tell you when the opposition party plans not one but THREE separate presentations against the President's annual State of t...
-
Or, as Andrew Sullivan is fond of paraphrasing it: Meep Meep . It's difficult, but not impossible, to speak on a sitting President's...
-
Lo and behold, post about veep selections and ye shall receive. Mitt Romney goes and selects Congressman Paul Ryan (R-Wisconsin) to be his...
-
This is a busy month of events, I tell you what: Note to self: if I ever win the Presidency, NEVER EVER PUT MY BRO BRUTUS ON THE SECRET SERV...
-
(see Update below) So forty-seven U.S. Senators went and did a thing this weekend, where they sent a rather demeaning and error-filled lette...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2013
(185)
-
▼
June
(17)
- President Character: Week Twenty-Two, Gone To The ...
- The Republicans' Real Problem If They Can't Pass T...
- In This Case, the March Of History Goes Forward, T...
- The March of History Isn't Supposed to Go Backwards
- Presidential Character: Week Twenty-One, The Effec...
- My Two Cents On Syria
- Off-Topic: Gandolfini
- Presidential Character: Week Twenty, Garfield Died...
- So Iran Went Purple
- Twisted Sick Little Fu...
- You Know Booz Allen Hamilton Could Have Hired Me I...
- Presidential Character: Week Nineteen, Winner By O...
- June 6th, Anniversary of the Longest Day
- About Whistleblowers
- Anniversary Time Again: Tiananmen
- Playing The Game of Thrones, and Why Nearly Every ...
- Speculation for Twelfth Doctor Who Already In Earn...
-
▼
June
(17)
No comments:
Post a Comment